Monday, December 12, 2016

The Literature

After making a random Star Trek episode post on a whim several years ago, I forgot I made this blog.
It'll be my blog for Literary Endeavors now. I'll post publication announcements, poems that will not be submitted to journals for one reason or another, and such like that. 

I am a writer who went Full Recluse for the last six years or so. Now I'm entering a new stage in my life, and throwing my stories and poetry out into the world to see if anything sticks to the wall.

My most notable publication credits so far include The Lovecraft Ezine, which paid me for a story/poem that had previously made it to the front page of creepypasta,com (which has since been taken over by the creepypasta wikia, but used to actually review works for merit before giving them archive status), and SubtleTea, which printed two poems that I wrote back in high school. 

I have a few other minor works that I let loose into the wilds of the internet as creepypasta. I was surprised to find dramatic readings of two of these, when I did a self-google some years later.

This is Bottle, which was published under the pseudonym mngamojemo:


This is The Prophecy of Zarah, the one printed in The Lovecraft Ezine:



I had no knowledge of these being made, or creative input into them, but it's neat that two different people decided to read aloud my work prefaced by an evil laugh.

I also have eight old poems publicly available on PoemHunter, and there are a few still readable on my old DeviantART

I have started a writing tumblr recently, 

 The Prophecy of Zarah was also quoted in a Wired article about The Lovecraft Ezine. (The Lovecraft Ezine is something anyone with an interest in weird tales should check out. A lot of interesting stuff, and editor Mike Davis makes regular YouTube videos with various writers about the horror and the craft).

That's all I've got to say just now. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment